Need Help?

Here is a list of legal representatives and options for making complaints

Legal Representation & Options

O’Brien Solicitors

0421 373 961 for advice 

Or call them on (02) 9261 4281 for a free initial consultation to discuss your legal options and how they might be able to run your case on a no win, no fee basis.

They are the leaders in this area of law which is evident by the long list of cases where they have helped clients take civil action against the police or other authorities. Read about their recent cases below.

Advocate Me Lawyers         0425 754 299

G&B Lawyers                       Kim Glassborow:  0481 287 528

Nathan Buckley: 0411 067 367

Wollongong Office: (02) 4254 1003

Sydney Office: (02) 9220 5018

AFL Solicitors                         (02) 8277-4556

Sydney Criminal Lawyers     (02) 9261 8881

Aboriginal Legal Services

NSW/ACT              1800 765 767

VIC                          1800 064 865

WA                          1800 019 900         

TAS                         1800 595 162

QLD                        1800 012 255

SA                           1800 643 222

NT                           1800 898 251

Making Complaints

The Human Rights Commission

Please think about lodging a complaint with the human rights commission first and foremost.  The Australian Human Rights Commission investigates and conciliates complaints about discrimination and breaches of human rights. 

Complaints Email 

Those who have been mistreated by police in most states have three main options open to them

The first is an ‘internal complaint’ to the Police Force itself. This requires you to provide as much information as possible to the police themselves. That pathway is notorious for bringing about an outcome which is favourable to police – after all, police are essentially investigating themselves. The second option is to make a complaint to the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission (LECC), which receives thousands of complaints against police each year and is hopelessly under-resourced. What’s more, the LECC does not have the power to discipline police or make a costs order in a complainant’s favour.  The third option is to consider making a civil claim against the NSW Police Force.

A complaint about the NSW Police Force or its employees can be made to the Commissioner of Police or the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission (LECC).

To lodge a formal complaint with the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission (LECC) go to  The Law Enforcement Conduct Commission is an independent statutory body responsible for investigating complaints against the police. It has its own independent investigators for these cases. Some less serious complaints will be referred to the police for investigation but, these will be monitored by the Commission’s own staff.

In most circumstances complaints received by the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission will be referred to the NSW Police Force to investigate (subject to the oversight of the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission).

Assistance – If you need help you can contact the Customer Assistance Unit on 1800 622 571 to obtain assistance on how to lodge a complaint.  To email your complaint –

For further assistance please visit our Website


Telegram Channel and Join the Chat –

Alternatively you can call one of our Sunshine Squad on 0475263210




E-Packs Available Now!

Download here –

This Is How You Use It – See Video