For Quick Reference Save The Know Your Rights Card To Your Phone and the pics on this page
Pls save to your phone and send to mob to do same
Listen to brother Keenan Mundine explain important info about how to talk to police
The number to call for NSW/ACT is 1800 765 767 but u can’t call from a mobile
AdvocateMe Lawyers – 0425 754 299 (just not available on weekend, send text message)
See video for example on how to deal with police acting unlawfully https://fb.watch/7GJ01mnJJg/
This article from 16th august 2021states –
“Now that police have extra powers and are joined on the ground by 800 members of the Australian Defence Force, we are extremely concerned about the potential for Aboriginal people to again be targeted and intimidated,” Mr Carter said.
Yet we are seeing exactly what they warned the police not to do.
The ALS must be made aware of all the cases of police harassment in our communities.
#NoFear #KeepingMobSafe #JustSayNo
Join our Facebook group for support or to keep informed or
Read up, here are some useful links
5 KEY LINKS – QR CODES, MASKS, FINES
MANDATORY QR CODES
1. Businesses have been told that the QR check-in is ‘mandatory’, however, this is NOT a legal mandate. It is actually illegal to enforce people to check in with a QR code or to refuse service to a person who doesn’t scan the QR code (Amendment to Section 94H of the Federal Government Privacy Act 1988). The penalty for enforcing QR scanning or service can be a 5-year jail term or 300 penalty units (PRIVACY ACT 1988 SEC 94 H).
STATE VS FEDERAL LAWS
2. As state and federal laws can contradict each other, it’s good to know that federal laws override and invalidate conflicting state laws and business directives, including the ones demanding the “COVIDSafe” QR check in (Section 109 of the Commonwealth Constitution).https://constitutionwatch.com.au/section-109-notes/embed/#?secret=1PMowMagxp
BUSINESSES REFUSING CUSTOMERS WITHOUT MASK
3. You can be fined $5000, for refusing goods or services to people NOT wearing a mask. This is because customers may have a lawful exemption such as a medical condition. As a business owner, you are not lawfully able to ask customers for PROOF of their medical exemption, as that information is protected under the Privacy Act. However, you can ask if they have a medical exemption, be aware under the Privacy Act that they are not required to respond (Disability Discrimination Act 1992 sec 24,25,26).
PERSON DOES NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
4. It is actually unlawful to discriminate against someone who is not wearing a mask or refuses to supply their personal information if you are allowing other members of the public to enter your premises (The Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act – Part 2 Section 8). Under this Act, we are all equal before the law without discrimination and has the right to protection against discrimination.
MASKS DON’T WORK
5. There is a large amount of peer reviewed and anedotal evidence to show Masks to not protect your from Coronavirus.
Understand this… the law IS on your side and is on the side of the Federal Government. It is NOT on the side of the State Government. They act illegitimately and illegally and will be charged. If found guilty…punished.
LEGAL TEMPLATE BY ADVOCATE ME
Tool Kit For Everything You Need